I was contacted by ExportX, who I have purchased products on Amazon from before, to review the Melora UMF 15+ Manuka Honey they sell. One evening when I was looking for something different to make for supper, I came across a chicken recipe on Paleo Foodie Kitchen. It was very simple to make and tasted great.*
1 lb chicken breast, cubed into bite sized pieces
2 tbsp fresh ginger, grated
2 tbsp fresh garlic, minced
2 tbsp coconut aminos
2 tbsp honey
1 tbsp chili sauce
juice from 1 orange (about ½ cup)
fish sauce to taste
green onions, chopped
- Stir fry chicken pieces in coconut oil over high heat until it starts to brown.
- Add ginger and garlic, saute until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Lower heat and add coconut aminos, honey, chili sauce, orange juice and fish sauce.
- Stir to incorporate everything together and simmer for 8-10 minutes until sauce thickens and chicken is cooked.
I honestly had never given Paleo a try. I heard about it, but didn't know much. I've never cooked with coconut oil before either. It looks like lard but, when heated, it becomes a clear cooking oil. Coconut oil is said to be good for your heart and for weight loss.
As far as the Maunka Honey goes, it looked nothing like what I buy in the grocery store. It comes in a small jar (8.8 oz.). It's darker and thicker than the honey you buy in a grocery store, which made it easier to measure and add to the recipe. I also tried some right out a jar. What a fabulous flavor and texture.
I'll definitely be using this product again. I'll also be searching out more recipes so I have an excuse to us my Melora UMF Maunka Honey more often.
I received a free jar of Melora UMF Maunka Honey from ExportX. This review contains my honest opinions, which I have not been compensated for in any way.
* I did not use the last two ingredients from the list because they were not on hand when I made this dish.